Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
Brought to you by International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) the CIPP/E is the world’s first and only certification in European Data Protection. This two-day training encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key data protection terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
The CIPP/E program was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the world’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPP/E certification holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
What will you learn?
The program is broken into Modules:
- Module 1: Data Protection Laws - Introduces key European data protection laws and regulatory bodies, describing the evolution toward a Harmonised European Legislative Framework.
- Module 2: Personal Data - Defines and differentiates between types of data-including personal, anonymous, pseudo-anonymous and special categories.
- Module 3: Controllers and Processors - Describes the roles and relationships of controllers and processors.
- Module 4: Processing Personal Data - Defines data processing and GDPR processing principles, Explains the application of the GDPR and outlines the legitimate bases for processing personal data.
- Module 5: Information provision - Explains controller obligations for providing information about data processing activities to data subjects and Supervisory Authorities.
- Module 6: Data Subjects 'Rights - Describes data subjects' rights, applications of rights and obligations controller and processor.
- Module 7: Security or Processing - Discusses considerations and duties of controllers and processors for Ensuring security of personal data and providing notification of data breaches.
- Module 8: Accountability - Investigates accountability requirements, data protection management systems, data protection impact assessments, privacy policies and the role of the data protection officer.
- Module 9: International Data Transfers - Outlines options and obligations for transferring data outside the European Economic Area, Decisions adequacy and appropriateness safeguards and derogations.
- Module 10: Supervision and Enforcement - Describes the role, powers and procedures or Supervisory Authorities; the composition and tasks of the European Data Protection Board; the role of the European Data Protection Supervisor; and remedies, liabilities and penalties for non-compliance.
- 11: Compliance - Discusses the applications of European data protection law, legal bases and compliance requirements for processing personal data in practice, employers-including processing employee data, surveillance, direct marketing, Internet technology and communications and outsourcing.
Who should attend?
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Lawyers
- Records Managers
- Information Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Human Resource Officers
- Anyone who uses, processes and maintains personal data
Are you GDPR-ready?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect in 2018, are you ready for it? Among its mandates is the requirement to appoint a knowledgeable Data Protection Officer (DPO) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for data protection professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe—and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
Add a CIPM credential to the CIPP/E and you’ll be uniquely equipped to fulfill the DPO requirements of the GDPR. The CIPP/E relates to the knowledge a DPO must have concerning the European legal framework of the legislation, and the CIPM provides theoretical aspects necessary to lead an organisation’s data protection policy.
- 2 day training with servings
- Training materials, printed
- Text book "European Data Protection - Law and Practice" as PDF
- Practice Exam
- Exam voucher
- 1 year of IAPP membership (extension if participant is already a member)
It is recommended to read the course materials (Book + Notes) few times before the exam.
Day 1: Modules 1-7
Day 2: Modules 8-11
Ilmoittautuminen on sitova. Mikäli ilmoittautuja ei pääse kurssille, voi hänen sijastaan tulla toinen henkilö. Mikäli ilmoittautumisen peruutus tehdään vähemmän kuin 14 päivää ennen kurssin alkua, veloitamme toimisto- ja varauskuluina 50% kurssimaksusta. Mikäli ilmoittautunut jää saapumatta kurssille ilman peruutusilmoitusta, veloitamme koko osallistumismaksun. Kurssimateriaalin toimittamisesta oppilaalle peruuntumistapauksessa veloitamme lisäksi 100 EUR. Peruutusmaksut veloitetaan myös sairastapauksissa.